[Tugindia] Unified documenting [was] Regarding usage of css in latex

H.S.Rai hsrai at gmx.net
Wed Jun 30 19:53:18 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org> wrote:

> I think, that sounds a good way of calling it.  Rai, you meant
> creating multiple output with different content from the same source

Multiple outputs (with different look / or same look) with different
(or same) contents i.e. mean any combination.

<snip>

> In fact, pdfscreen does this. It defines two environments -- screen
> and print.

I used these environments in 2003. So I recalled correctly ;-)

>> But, they don't seem to have any facilities for `unified
>> processing' now.
>
> That is not true in my humble opinion.

Single output in pdf is not good for screen reading, as there are many
devices with different aspect ratio of screen, which demand to have
different pdf, one each for one aspect ratio, to keep screen 100%
filled.

So, I believe Unified Documentation approach is good approach.

Having similar thing using OpenOffice, Michael Adams related it with
css "@media"

I need to check, what is css "@media"

--
H.S.Rai