[Tugindia] Unified documenting [was] Regarding usage of css in latex

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Jun 29 08:51:47 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:58 AM, S. venkataraman <svenkat at ignou.ac.in> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org>wrote:

[...]

> Dear CVR,
>
> Thanks for pouring oil over turbulent waters.  Perhaps I lost my
> cool at because of some fairly innocuos statements.  My apologies to
> H. S. Rai.
>
>> In fact, pdfscreen does this. It defines two environments -- screen
>> and print. Whatever text appears within \begin{screen} ...
>> \end{screen} will be output only when you invoke 'screen' option
>> while loading pdfscreen. In the same fashion, whatever is included
>> within \begin{print} ... \end{print} will appear only when you
>> invoke 'print' option while loading the package.
>
> But, I once again checked the pdfscreen documentation. It makes no
> mention of screen or print environments. It only mentions screen
> and print options. I checked the style file pdfscreen.sty also.  I
> could find only two new environments, decl and slide, declared in
> the style file. I have texlive 2009. Am I missing something
> somewhere?

Sorry, it still remains an undocumented feature. Please accept my
uninhibited apologies.

[...]

> using very plain slides without much fancy stuff. So, simple
> packages like pdfslides have a place in the scheme of things.

[...]

Frankly, in a world where pomposity and vanity rule, packages like
pdfslide have no takers. Simplicity is a great quality which is
difficult to practice in life and only a handful of people do need
packages that create straightforward and simple looking presentations.
Because many people do like to hide their lack of depth or density of
their presentations with fancy gimmicks. I am so happy that there are
people like you still survive and wage war against the extravaganza of
ornamentation.

Best regards