[Tugindia] Regarding updating texlive 2009.

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Jul 27 18:37:53 CEST 2010

On 27-Jul-2010, at 10:50 AM, S. venkataraman wrote:

> I have recently upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 and I have installed latex and
> friends
> using texlive2009 DVD.  I am facing problems while updating my latex
> distribution.
> I first thought that this is due to problems in tlmgr and updated it
> separately by downloading
> and running the script
> ftp://dante.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/update-tlmgr-latest.sh
> This hasn't helped.  If I try to download the remote tex data base using the
> gui version, it gives the error message

[...]

Venkat, I think, you need to grab 2010 version of TeXLive if you want to update using update-tlmgr-latest.sh since it will update your TeXLive database with 2010 version. This could be the reason for your problem. You need to do a 2010 upgrade and then update your installation in the usual fashion. That will work, I believe. Anyway, a posting to the TeXLive list will provide you perfect solution.

Recently, I had a similar situation when I was advised to upgrade to 2010 version of TeXLive and updates worked fine.