[Tugindia] TeX live CDROM/DVD

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Thu Jan 21 03:51:59 CET 2010

Dr. Parthasarathy S wrote:
> Greetings. How can I get a copy of : TeX live CDROM/DVD ?

We sent a few LaTeX DVDs free of cost to Partha.  This DVD included the
following files

-rwxrwxrwx@    1 kannan  staff  1284129786 Nov  9 10:38 MacTeX.mpkg.zip
-rwxrwxrwx@    1 kannan  staff  1276192736 Nov  9 10:39
texlive2008-20080822.iso.lzma

and a FULL MiKTeX and some spoken tutorials.  As Partha still wants the
TeX live, I assume that the DVD that we created does not have all the
information.

Can someone tell me what all a TeX live distribution should have?  We
can create it and send to TeX enthusiasts in the country.

Funding for this activity is through a grant for promoting open source
software by the National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD.

Kannan