[Tugindia] TeX live CDROM/DVD

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at cvr.cc
Thu Jan 21 02:28:02 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:26 PM, Mahesh T. Pai <paivakil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Radhakrishnan CV said on Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:13:10PM +0530,:
>
>  > TUGIndia do not distribute TeXLive CD/DVD as there are no takers
>
> On a related note, most GNU/Linux distributions have TeXLive packages.
> Debian has texlive 2009 in Sid aka "unstable", which means Ubuntu
> ought to have it in their next release (or probably in their last
> release - I am not sure.

You're right, Mahesh.  Since TeXLive has taken over teTeX, all the
GNU/Linux distributions will have TeXlive.  Ubuntu at the moment has
2007, I believe, (very old indeed, but that hardly matters for a
normal user since the default compiler, pdfTeX, has not undergone much
change) which will soon have TeXLive 2009.

Best regards