[Tugindia] installing a file from miktex package manager 2.4.1667

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Fri Nov 27 02:13:00 CET 2009

Kalidoss Murugesan wrote:
> 1. MiKTeX 2.8 is available for download and you may upgrade to version 2.8.

We have made LaTeX DVDs for free distribution.  Anyone coming to IIT
Bombay can pick up a copy free of charge.  For a limited time, we will
be in a position to send them within India at a cost of Rs. 50 - for
postage and handling.  This is our way of saying "Thank you" to the
LaTeX community.  This activity is undertaken to popularise LaTeX.
Financial support for this has come from the open source software
project, funded by the National Mission on Education through ICT
(http://sakshat.ac.in), which also invites proposals from everyone.

Kannan