[Tugindia] Changing the default math font

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Tue Mar 10 04:37:18 CET 2009

Hello,

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Shailesh Ashok Shirali wrote:
> will the font changes show in the html file? My initial attempts
> suggest that no change occurs. How can I change this?

The fonts for html are (ultimately) selected by the .css file. This
file is written by htlatex according to the fonts that it thinks are
"best-approximations" to the TeX fonts. It also has some features for
a few "virtual fonts" but I am not sure if helvetica is in that list.

Note that HTML is mostly rendered in the browser so that font control
is always approximate --- the css file only "hints" at what fonts the
browser should use.

If you want to get "helvetica" in your html, then your best bet is to
use standard "sans-serif" (cmss) fonts in your TeX.

Kapil.