[Tugindia] DVI to PDF (was: counting words in TeX document)

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.keraladevelopment at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 09:23:57 CET 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 11:46 +0530, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

> You need to use 'odvips' which is the right binary to translate any
> dvi generated by Omega and not 'dvips'.  dvips cannot digest the
> specials introduced by Omega.

Thanks. I was not aware of this.

> > Interestingly, in the ps file, when I try to open using evince, the
> > first page shows "Loading" and does not finish loading. But I am able
> > to see the other pages without any problem. So I just added a blank
> > page in the beginning.
>
> You have the ps created by wrong binary.

But in my system (with texlive-omega) odvips is just a soft link to
dvips. So the same binary seems to be running, whether I use dvips or
odvips. Moreover, I have created several documents in Malayalam using
Omega and dvipdf or ps2pdf and they have never given me a problem.
Perhaps, this is something related to beamer? I have never used beamer
before.

Regards
--
V. Sasi Kumar
32, NCC Nagar, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram