[Tugindia] Font problem

dr.anoopsinha at gmail.com dr.anoopsinha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 19:16:02 CET 2009

Hello
Sorry for the partial mail... my 2 year old daughter got loose on the
keyboard :)

So, this is was I've done so far. Managed to locate the relevant fonts on
my computer. Installed these in the computer running Corel Draw. Corel
doesn't complain about missing fonts anymore. Malayalam is perfect. Hindi
doesn't show up at all. English text seem to run into each other,
especially where there are ligatures.

Tried ps2pdf14 -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -dEmbedAllFonts=true $1.ps. Did not
work.

As to setting 8 pages on a page, I am not sure in what order to put it. In
any case, the printing press guys insist on importing everything into
Corel. Which would mean I'd be back to square one.

As for pdfpackage, searching in google gives me results for "pdf package".
Couldn't find the program. Duvvuri, if you could send me a link, it would
be very helpful.

I am at a loss. Alternatively, is there any method to install/use times new
roman and arial in LaTeX? I did google for this and got this page (
http://www.radamir.com/tex/ttf-tex.htm ), but unfortunately, it talks about
miktex on windows (I'm using linux: there are a couple of steps that seem
too windows specific).

By the way, I do not think the problem is isolated to the use of corel
draw. Got similar problems trying to import the pdf into inkscape and adobe
illustrator.

Thanks for all the reponses so far, friends. But, unfortunately, I'm still
in trouble.

Regards,

Dr. Anoop Sinha