[Tugindia] LaTeX to HTML

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Tue Feb 26 13:09:17 CET 2008

Hello,

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, mkalidoss at bsnl.in wrote:
> 1. What are the differences between TeX4ht and LaTeX2Html--
>     in usage, compiling and quality of output.

One difference is that TeX4ht uses TeX to perform the conversion
whereas LaTeX2Html has the relevant parts of TeX re-done in perl
to do the conversion to html.

> 2. Right now, I am trying TeX4ht package and have encountered
>     the following problems:

All your problems sound like image conversion problems. It is likely
that the parameters used for image conversion are off. TeX4HT depends
on an external program to convert the formulae (and images) to .png
or .gif.

Check the .lg file which will tell you what image conversion are
running. You can then try to change the parameters for the conversion
in tex4ht.env.

Please let me know more details and I can try to help. Since I
maintain TeX4HT for Debian it is my duty(!) to try and fix any bugs
in it. :-)

Try with a small file which shows your errors.

Regards,

Kapil.