[Tugindia] Problem with malayalam

Swami Pallasena swami at math.mun.ca
Fri Apr 6 12:43:40 CEST 2007

I too found similar problems in TeX Live (Fedora Core 5).
Malayalam teX, Omega  and Tamil Omega all used to install
fine in the old teTeX that cam with Fedora Core 2.  But when
I recently moved to fedora Core 5, both teTeX and TeX Live
exhibited the problems you mentioned.
I guess the reason is:  the location for the Font Map
has now moved to a new directory in the revised TDS (TeX
Directory Tree system).  It is now located at
/texmf/fonts/map/updmap  or something similar, and not in
the old /dvips/config.  Maybe this is the reason.

I wish the creators of Malayalam TeX/Omega/Tamil Omega
can provide us with new install.sh shell scripts to reflect
these changes, so the installation will go snmooth in both
TeX Live and teTeX.