[Tugindia] Problem with malayalam

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at hotpop.com
Fri Apr 6 07:38:02 CEST 2007

I am facing two problems in using the malayalam-0.8 package.

1) I am using Debian Etch on my computer. When I install the malayalam
package, it says:

cp: target `/usr/share/texmf/dvips/config' is not a directory
grep: /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps: No such file or directory
./install.sh: line 82: /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps: No such
file or directory
grep: /usr/share/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg: No such file or
directory
./install.sh: line 87: /usr/share/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg: No
such file or directory

This is when I use the default directories. When I
give /usr/share/texmf-tetex as the texmf root directory, it says:

grep: /usr/share/texmf-tetex/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg: No such file or
directory./install.sh: line
87: /usr/share/texmf-tetex/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg: No such file or
directory

2) When I compile using pdflatex, the pdf file shows no text. It says
that the fonts cannot be found. When I compile using latex, the dvi file
shows the text.

I have found the same problem on two different computers. Could anyone please
throw any light on these problems?

Thank you

--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at hotpop.com>