[Tugindia] help with transliteration of a few characters with Wikner's fonts

Ravi Parimi rparimi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 07:40:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have been using Wikner's fonts to create a few Vedic documents in
Devanagari lipi. I am having trouble with generating sanskrit fonts
for the following 2 cases:

1. m!! - that is a ma with a halant and also having a deergha swarita.
I used m!! but on running
the skt processor, I get an error saying:
 Error: Accent not allowed here:  m!!
The context was - su_hava_~m_ "suura_mindram!!

2. Any character with a halant in the middle of a word. By default
when the last character of a word is typed without "a" following it
(for e.g m, t) it gets transilterated perfectlty into a halant. I
cannot find the right sequence of characters to do the same when this
is required in the middle of a word. For e.g from rudram, I have:
{\skt \bigskt ahiiga!}
{\large \skt \symbol{'54}}
"sca_ sarvaa!!~nja_mbhaya_ntsarvaa!!sca}
I had to use the symbol in order to get the halant for ga.

Can someone please help me with these? Also, I'd be happy to receive
any vedic documents that you may have created so that I can benefit
from the swara markings etc..

Thank you,
--ravi