[Tugindia] Help: Different styles of horizontal and vertical linesin Tabular or array environment.

Ganesh Sharma ganesh at scidocs.net
Thu Feb 3 05:15:03 CET 2005

Dear Mr. Krishnan,

Many Many thanks for the solution.

With regards

G. Sharma

-----Original Message-----
From: E. Krishnan [mailto:ekmath at asianetindia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 7:33 AM
To: TUGIndia Mailing List
Cc: cvr at river-valley.com
Subject: Re: [Tugindia] Help: Different styles of horizontal and

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Ganesh Sharma wrote:

> Please inform me how I should draw horizontal and vertical lines of
> different patterns/styles and thickness instead of default
> style/thickness in Tabular or array environment.

1. You can change the thickness of horizontal and vertical lines in
   the *entire* table, by changing the value of the length parameter
   "\arrayrulewidth". Changing the widths of *some* of the lines is
   a bit more tricky. Please see the section "Variable-width rules"
   of the "LaTeX Companion".

2. Double horizontal lines can be produced by "\hline\hline" and double
   vertical lines by || in the preamble. For finer control, use the
   package "hhline"

3. For dashed lines, use the package "arydshln"

--
Krishnan