[Tugindia] Help: Different styles of horizontal and vertical lines in Tabular or array environment.

E. Krishnan ekmath at asianetindia.com
Wed Feb 2 03:02:52 CET 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Ganesh Sharma wrote:

> Please inform me how I should draw horizontal and vertical lines of
> different patterns/styles and thickness instead of default
> style/thickness in Tabular or array environment.

1. You can change the thickness of horizontal and vertical lines in
   the *entire* table, by changing the value of the length parameter
   "\arrayrulewidth". Changing the widths of *some* of the lines is
   a bit more tricky. Please see the section "Variable-width rules"
   of the "LaTeX Companion".

2. Double horizontal lines can be produced by "\hline\hline" and double
   vertical lines by || in the preamble. For finer control, use the
   package "hhline"

3. For dashed lines, use the package "arydshln"

--
Krishnan