[Tugindia] Help - question about increemnting table numbers

Ajay Shah ajayshah at mayin.org
Sat Jun 12 14:23:37 CEST 2004

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 05:20:18PM +0530, CV Radhakrishnan wrote:

> <quote who="Ajay Shah">
>
> [...]
>
> > Now I have some very-long tables which will obviously not float. I
> > will manually do them using supertabular.
> >
> > How do I give this table the "correct" table number (automatically)
> > using latex? How do I ensure that the next table (after this bulky
> > one), which is being done using the ordinary
> >
> > \begin{table}
> > \end{table}
> >
> > will get a correct number?
>
> In the preamble: \usepackage{afterpage}
>
> Keep your long table in a separate file (say mytable.tex).  In the document
> where you want the long table to be typeset:
>
>   \afterpage{\clearpage\input{mytable}}
>
> afterpage.sty will not clash with float package.

I am not understanding.

I normally do:

  \begin{float}
    \begin{tabular}{}
    \end{tabular}
    \caption{Blah}\label{t:blah}
  \end{float}

You are saying that I put this identical material into x.tex and say:

\afterpage{\clearpage\input{x.tex}}

This will correctly give me the float style, the caption, and the
numbering scheme of float.sty?

--
Ajay Shah                                                   Consultant
ajayshah at mayin.org                      Department of Economic Affairs