[Tugindia] Why a Devnag Pre-processor?

Amitabh Trehaan amitabhtrehan at softhome.net
Mon Jun 7 15:34:43 CEST 2004

Well. this may be an obvious question (but may not be too  obvious also):
 Why actually is a devnag pre-processor required? Is it not possible to
integrate it like ArabTeX for instance. I was playing around with LyX
and trying to write devnag code and because of the requirement of devnag
preprocessor to have an input file with extension .dn, the only way I am
able to run it is through an external script called through lyx ;-
--
 cp $1 $1.dn
devnag $1.dn $1

(pretty ugly, huh) $1 is filename.tex generated by lyx.

Amitabh