[Tugindia] Garamond-like font

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at vsnl.com
Wed Jan 21 14:35:38 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 16:01, Kev wrote:

> In my search for more useable fonts, I've been given a
> link to a site explaining the conversion of true type
> fonts(system fonts if using Windows) for use with
> LaTeX.

Thanks for the information. However, I do not use proprietory software
or fonts, so I would not be trying to take Windows fonts.

I had been asked to create a document just like an existing one. Since
the original was created in Pagemaker, they had used Garamond. I wanted
to do it in LaTeX, and wanted the new one to look as much similar to the
original as possible. Hence the search for a Garamond-like font.
Garamond is an interesting variant of Times, and looks good in many
situations. It would be good to have a font like that.

Regards

--
V. Sasi Kumar <vsasi at vsnl.com>
CESS