[Tugindia] Fw: How to put jpg filr in Tex

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Wed Apr 21 11:52:05 CEST 2004

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 02:01:34PM +0530, paritosh wrote:
> I just want to know the command (if any) like the above for including
> jpg figure in tex.  I have few jpg figures which I want to include in
> Tex file, I can convert them in eps or ps, but there the resolution is
> getting effected during conversion.

1. The only thing LaTeX needs to know about your jpeg file is the bounding
   box. You can then use the "graphics" package in LaTeX to include the
   figure.

2. However, this may not work if your DVI processor does not know
   anything about JPEG files. In that case you need to use "convert" or
   some other such utility (djpeg is another) to convert the picture to
   EPS format which is usually supported by DVI processors.

3. You could use pdfLaTeX which understands JPEG files to convert LaTeX
   directly to PDF.

Regards,

Kapil.