[Tugindia] Fw: How to put jpg filr in Tex

paritosh paritosh at ipr.res.in
Wed Apr 21 10:31:34 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me...

I want to include the jpg figure file in TeX file, what is the command to do that. Initially when I put eps or ps file l use the following command and it works very fine.

at the top where document style is mentioned:
\documentstyle[12pt,psfig] {article}

at tyhe location where fig.ps file should be inserted:
\begin{figure}
\centerline{\psfig{file=fig.ps,width=4.01in,height=1.57in}}
\caption{Fig. Caption}
\end{figure}

I just want to know the command (if any) like the above for including jpg figure in tex.
I have few jpg figures which I want to include in Tex file, I can convert them in eps or ps, but there the resolution is getting effected during conversion.

I hope somebody will suggect how to do that.

Thank you in advance,

P. Chaudhuri