[Tugindia] Resolution of figures in LaTeX documents

Sun Sep 28 18:42:45 CEST 2003

Hi All,
I am using LaTeX to make a few documents, in which there are some charts
and diagrams. I  use PStricks for drawing these diagrams. I intend to make
a presentation with them later.

While converting from DVI to PS, I use
> dvips -Ppdf example.dvi

With this, the fonts look very good (in Acrobat 5.1 and 6.0) at whatever
zoom I use. However, I find that the figures are sharp only at 200% zoom
and above. Below that, the ellipses look very grainy, and not as curvy.

I dont think this is problem while printing, but if I am making
presentation documents, is there something I can do to improve the quality
of the pictures at default 100% zoom. Or is it the software which is at
fault? Is there any way out?

Thanks and Regards
Deepak