[Tugindia] placing figures in correct places in report class

Manoj Kummini kummini at math.ukans.edu
Sun Sep 14 11:55:35 CEST 2003

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 08:30:07hrs +0530, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:

> Manjusha wrote:
> > I want to place figures in report class file at right place.
>
> [...]
>
> So if you really want to put a figure at *exactly* the place you are in the
> document, then the command should be
>
> \begin{center}
> \includegraphics{myfile.eps}
> \vskip{<space between figure and caption>}
> <caption text>
> \end{center}
>
> (In other words do *not* use the figure environment).

A small point: \def\@captype{figure}\caption{Forcing a Figure}
will have the caption numbered and added to the lof.

This is what you have to do when you use slides (or, perhaps, seminar --- I
forget which one it is) class because each slide is a float and we cannot
define a figure inside it.

With regards,
Manoj.

--
Manoj Kummini
Graduate Student, Dept. of Mathematics, The Univ. of Kansas,