[tlu] TexLive cannot update

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Nov 21 00:22:55 CET 2023

> On 20 Nov 2023, at 23:52, Yuan Chia Kwek via tlu <tlu at tug.org> wrote:
>
> I had the following error after running
>
> sudo sudo tlmgr update --self
>
> [...]
>
> Any help or insights would be appreciated.

Does the suggestion of Adam Maxwell help?

Namely, in TLU:

- Select the Actions menu.

- Press the Alt (= Option) key, the item "Reinstall TeX Live Manager" at the bottom of the menu becomes "Install TeX Live Manager From Critical Repository".

- Select that item.

This will download the fixed version of the recovery script and use it to perform the infrastructure update.

By the way, did you select the mirror https://sg.mirrors.cicku.me yourself, or is it picked up automatically?

I must say I'm confused. The CTAN mirror list https://www.ctan.org/mirrors has several mirrors with URL ending in .mirrors.cicku.me, but .me is supposed to be the country code for Montenegro. cicku.me refers to some guy https://github.com/cicku. None of these mirrors appears in the list included in TLU (in Configure > Manage Repositories). This doesn't really inspires trust.

Bruno