[tlu] TexLive cannot update

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Mon Nov 20 15:22:26 CET 2023

> On Nov 20, 2023, at 4:02 AM, Yuan Chia Kwek via tlu <tlu at tug.org> wrote:
> ,,,
> 2. Steps to reproduce the problem: Update texlive.infra on TeX Live Utility Version 1.54
> ,,,

Howdy,

There is a problem, that doesn't involve TeX Live Utility (TLU), that has been analysed and fixed for future infrastructure updates. To do the present infrastructure update please use the command

sudo tlmgr update --self

and enter your admin password when prompted in Terminal. This will do the proper update. After that you can use TLU for all the regular updates. I expect future infrastructure updates will run properly under TLU too.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
herbs2 at mac.com