[tlu] Bug on TLU? On TeX Live server? Or no bug at all? (package codedescribe)

quark67 quark67 at free.fr
Wed Dec 20 20:56:02 CET 2023

When I run TeX Live Utility, I see this (in French):

Paquet                   Statut
codedescribe         Supprimé de force

(package codedescribe, status: Forcibly removed)

Ok, I go to the menu "Action" and choose "Update all packages".

All lines in the window "TeX Live Utility" are cleaned, and the line about the package "codedescribe" disappear.

Good.

But if I update the package list (menu Action, "Rafraîchir la liste des paquets", cmd+R), the line

codedescribe         Supprimé de force

reappears.

I update all packages (shift+cmd+U), then "codedescribe" disappear, then refresh the list (cmd+R), and "codedescribe" reappears and so on.

The server is https://ctan.tetaneutral.net/systems/texlive/tlnet/.

Same with another server (https://ctan.gutenberg-asso.fr/systems/texlive/tlnet/).

Strangely, on https://ctan.org/pkg/codedescribe I read:

Contained in	TEX Live as codedescribe

So what? Why must codedescribe be "Forcibly removed" if it is on TeX Live?

And why does it disappear and after a refresh of the list reappears?

Where is the bug (if this is a bug)?

Relaunch TeX Live Utility doesn't change anything.

Thanks.