[tlu] "TeX Live Utility" needs to be updated

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 30 16:44:28 CET 2022

> On Jan 30, 2022, at 9:38 AM, Gary L. Gray via tlu <tlu at tug.org> wrote:
>
> When I launched TLU just now, I got the message seen in the attached screen shot. Is this a known issue? Did I miss something?
>
> All the best,
> Gary
>
> <Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 10.35.49 AM.png>

Howdy,

A future version of macOS (maybe the next update, 12.3?) will be removing python2 from the system. There are some python scripts embedded in TLU (which are also compatible with python3---but, apparently, Apple can't tell that) so it reports that as a future problem. Adam knows about it and I'm sure there will be an update that will handle things once 12.3 beta settles down.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
herbs at wideopenwest.com