[tlu] new beta

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Feb 8 10:59:09 CET 2022

> On 8 Feb 2022, at 06:03, Adam R. Maxwell via tlu <tlu at tug.org> wrote:
>
> New beta with the scheduled update checker rewritten and (hopefully) integrated with the installer. If you have TLU set to check for TeX Live updates on a schedule, it should tell you that a newer update checker is available.
>
> https://github.com/amaxwell/tlutility/releases/download/1.53b12/TeX.Live.Utility.app-1.53b12.zip
>
> After updating it, you should be able to test it from the command line by executing
>
> ~/Library/Application\ Support/TeX\ Live\ Utility/texliveupdatecheck
>
> or just wait until the next scheduled time. Let me know if it works (or not). This is the last roadblock before release.

I tried both. The scheduled update check brings a notification the usual way, the notification being of Alert type (it does not go away until dismissed):

The manual update check works the same way:

I don't know what the

2022-02-08 10:43:28.942 texliveupdatecheck[1728:19942] Will send URL https://ctan.crest.fr/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet to TLUNotifier file:///Users/brunovoisin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TeX_Live_Utility-gxrykzzaewextrgfkvoavzjmborx/Build/Products/Release/TeX%20Live%20Utility.app/Contents/MacOS/TLUNotifier.app/

means: what has Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData to see with TLU?

Bruno

PS I have no idea why the two screenshots are of such different sizes. I did them exactly the same way on the same display.