[tlu] Monterey and TLU

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Oct 26 19:35:43 CEST 2021

I can, but requiring all users to install Python in order to use TeX Live Utility is unacceptable. Building and bundling a Python runtime and libraries that works with all OS versions I support is also unacceptable.(top posting is also unacceptable, but icloud webmail can't deal with quoting)-- adamOn Oct 26, 2021, at 10:10 AM, Martin Wilhelm Leidig <listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de> wrote:Am 21-10-26 um 18.25 schrieb Adam R. Maxwell via tlu <tlu at tug.org>:Apple's plan is to entirely remove Python as a giant FU to developers who accepted it as part of the systemWhy don’t you just install your own Python and whatever else you need?  Homebrew, MacPorts, Fink etc. exist.-Moss---Debugging?  Klingons do not debug.  Our software does not coddle the weak. – not by Peter Dyballa (as he vows)<signature.asc>