[tlu] TLU misbehavior

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Fri Mar 26 17:56:06 CET 2021

> On 26 Mar 2021, at 14:59, Carl Rosenfeld <lcr at sc.edu> wrote:
>
> Exception Name: NSInternalInconsistencyException
> TLMDatabaseUnknownYear

This might be caused by the current situation of TeX Live: pretest of TL 2021 about to end soon, and at some point freeze of TL 2020 which will no longer get updated (and the update servers will switch to TL 2021).

What does /Library/TeX/Root/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb start with? Do you have

	depend release/2020

at line 4 or similar? And is your texlive install at

	/usr/local/texlive/2020

You don't have, by any chance, another TeX installed by MacPorts, Homebrew or Fink, which could cause conflicts?

What you can try: "Reinstall TeX Live Manager" at the bottom of the Actions menu in TLU, and if that doesn't change things "Install TeX Live Manager From Critical Repository" which you get at the same place after pressing the Alt key.

If none works, then I imagine it's some internal bug of TLU caused by the recent changes.

Bruno Voisin