[tlu] Possible bug with package removal

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Mon Mar 22 11:29:52 CET 2021

> Le 11 mars 2021 à 16:16, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> a écrit :
>
>> On Mar 11, 2021, at 01:24 , Bruno Voisin via tlu <tlu at tug.org> wrote:
>>
>> When creating disk images, there's an Image Format menu in the Save As window. The default item "compressed" creates APFS images, but there's also an item "hybrid image (HFS+/ISO/UDF)" which appears to create HFS+ images.
>
> I do all of it from a script, including the signing/notarization.
>
> hdiutil create -fs HFS+ -srcfolder /path/to/TeX\ Live\ Utility.app, my_image_name.dmg
>
> It fails to copy it to the image, because of some extended attribute related to code signing. I tried creating an image and then copying it manually with pax, but that fails the same way.

Indeed, I just tried the above (not remembering your message, reinventing the wheel instead after after reading hdiutil's man page):

% hdiutil create -fs HFS+ -srcfolder "TeX Live utility" "TeX Live Utility HFS+".dmg
....could not access /Volumes/TeX Live Utility/TeX Live Utility.app/Contents/MacOS/.BC.T_IFN1J4 - Opération non permise

Here's what I've done, I don't know whether this can be scripted:

- Create an empty image in HFS+ format

% hdiutil create -fs HFS+ -size 32m -volname "TeX Live Utility" "HFS+ Image".dmg
created: /Users/brunovoisin/Desktop/HFS+ Image.dmg

- Mount the image and drag TeX Live Utility.app onto the associated volume in the Finder.

- Create an image of the volume:

% hdiutil create -srcfolder /Volumes/"TeX Live Utility" "TeX Live Utility".dmg
created: /Users/brunovoisin/Desktop/TeX Live Utility.dmg

The resulting image seems to be HFS+. What I got is at (link valid a month)

https://servbox.legi.grenoble-inp.fr/file.php?h=R93ee238da7c15a6a9792720e007f2b9b

Bruno