[tlu] TeX Live Message

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jan 14 15:53:54 CET 2021

> On Jan 14, 2021, at 5:47 AM, vdb190 vdb190 <vdb190 at alumni.ku.dk> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I have a hard time solving this:
> <Indsat grafik-1.png>
> It says “You need manually upgrade to a newer version of Tex Live”. I have upgraded to the newest version (via GitHub) but I still get this message.
> How do I solve this problem?
>
> Kind regards,
> Shams

Howdy,

The message says that you have TeX Live 2019. I'm not sure how you `upgraded' but the easiest thing to do is to install TeX Live 2020 using the MacTeX installer, <https://www.tug.org/mactex/>, and then use TeX Live Utility (TLU) to update to all the latest versions of the software.

The MacTeX installer creates a link that TLU uses when updating.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
herbs at wideopenwest.com