[tlu] Thank you and a note.

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Fri Jan 16 08:44:27 CET 2015

> Le 15 janv. 2015 à 21:56, Edward Thome <ethome at murraystate.edu> a écrit :
>
> On a 2012 MacBook Pro, TeXLive Utility worked fine through Mavericks and Yosemite (and it still does work).
> On a 2008 iMac, it used to work well until perhaps I updated to Mavericks (or was it Yosemite).  At that point I received "Listing Failed" no matter what I did.  It told me that I was running TeXLive 2014 but it was unsure of the version in the repository. This was true even if the same repository was used for the MacBook Pro, which was also running TeXLive 2014 and then Mavericks and then Yosemite.

When this error was reported at some time in the past, it had nothing to do with either OS X or TLU: it was a problem in the tlmgr script (= TeX Live Manager) from the underlying TeX Live distribution.

Now and then when a broken tlmgr is issued, the solution is generally to wait for a couple of days then, in TLU, go to Actions > Reinstall TeX Live Manager.

Bruno Voisin