[tlu] Yosemite workaround

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 15:44:48 CEST 2014

> On Oct 1, 2014, at 06:06 , Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> This is supposed to correspond more or less to Public Beta 4, released yesterday. Too bad: there were a bunch of TeX Live updates yesterday, requiring updmap-sys at the end, but I applied them all before realizing there was a new version of Yosemite. So testing will have to wait for new updmap-requiring package updates.

Fortunately, I have my handy-dandy test program in my dock, and I can assure you that the problem is not fixed in 14A379a.

=====

/usr/bin/env output:

__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0x0:0x0
Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.gGNqZcvWBP/Render
Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.gGNqZcvWBP/Render
ENVIRONTEST=foobar
HOME=/Volumes/Local/Users/amaxwell
HOME=/Volumes/Local/Users/amaxwell
LOGNAME=amaxwell
LOGNAME=amaxwell
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/texbin

/bin/bash -c 'echo $PATH' output:

/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

======

Still lots of duplicate environment variables, and subprocess shells have the wrong path.

Adam