[tlu] How to add an local directory as a repository?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sat Jun 28 19:28:57 CEST 2014

Le 28 juin 2014 à 19:12, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> a écrit :

> On Jun 27, 2014, at 10:13 , 赵勃 <zbo at tju.edu.cn> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your kind help.
>
> Keep this on the list, please.

I'm having this same problem, that when you press the Reply button of your emailer, the reply for this list is sent by default to the poster, not to the whole list. Even right now, it's only when re-reading this message before posting that I realized the To address was amaxwell and I manually changed to tlu.

>> I tried your path, but the TLU won’t give me a full result of the whole packages, that is, only a few packages is shown in the window of TLU.
>
> I have no idea what command you're trying to execute. Update? Post a log session (copy the output of the table you see with cmd-L) and steps to reproduce whatever problem you're seeing. In any case, it's unlikely to be TLU, since it just passes a URL off to the tlmgr command-line tool.
>
>> I tried another way to set the local directory. I used “ apachectl” command to start a web share, and mount the iso file in /LIbrary/WebServer/Documents/MyWeb, and then I set the repository of TLU to be “http://localhost/MyWeb/TeXLive2014”. It works, and I can get a full result of all the packages in the iso.
>
> Again, I don't know what "full result" even means to you.

Given the original poster wrote he installed BasicTeX-2014 and got an iso file for TeXLive-2014, I imagine he wants to inspect all the packages in TeXLive-2014 then install them at will from that iso file, using TLU's Packages tab and Install action.

That said, I've no idea whether that would take care of dependencies: I've always installed the whole MacTeX and applied all updates whenever available.

Bruno