[tlu] new beta

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Sep 27 22:22:30 CEST 2013

On Sep 27, 2013, at 13:15 , Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Don't rush things out because of that umask problem; it's VERY rare and wierd enough that even I could male a reasonable guess. I only wonder if other files got updated so the problem hasn't gone away when he uses those packages. :-(

I want the 2012 fallback mirror and python version check to get out sooner rather than later. The umask thing is very rare, but I've not been checking for /etc/launchd-user.conf, since Apple's man page for launchd.conf is 4 years out of date. You can set other things besides umask.

> PS: for those that don't know someone set a umask of 077 using launchd.config so that updating was impossible because the tlpdb database wasn't readable.

The lengths to which creative users will go to break their systems never ceases to amaze me.

Adam