[tldoc] tl2020 manual translations

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 10 08:44:54 CET 2020

Le 09/03/20 à 16h47, Denis Bitouzé a écrit :

> Here is the note I'll add in the French translation:
>
>   ┌────
>   │ % Original text
>   │ \item[create symlinks in standard directories:]
>   │   [...]
>   │   The safest and recommended approach is to leave the option unchecked.
>   │ %
>   │   % Added text
>   │   \begin{description}
>   │   \item[Translator's note.] On the contrary, the translator (Denis Bitouzé)
>   │     recommends this option: it greatly simplifies the installation since it does
>   │     not require the post-install actions described section~\ref{sec:env}. This
>   │     method requires precautions only in following cases.
>   │     \begin{description}

I forgot:

  ┌────
  │     \item [Add Executable:] After the initial installation, you can
  │     update the \TL{} to the latest versions available with:
  │ \begin{alltt}
  │ > tlmgr update --self --all
  │ \end{alltt}
  │       The updated elements are mostly packages and classes,
  │       but sometimes a new executable is added. For such a binary to be
  │     accessible to the system, it is necessary to update the symlinks,
  │     which can be done by running:
  │ \begin{alltt}
  │ > tlmgr path add
  │ \end{alltt}