[tldoc] tl2020 manual translations

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 6 00:43:43 CET 2020

      Ϙʢ hence the X in the name). In short, all this pavement to say that MacOS
      Ϙʢ should be written since June 2016 (see the introduction of the article
      Ϙʢ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS).

I think he means "macOS" should be written?

    Should we follow this new naming?

I am aware of this history. I chose not to update all references
everywhere to Apple's new marketing scheme of "macOS". I suppose they
will come up with another new name in a few years, since they always
have before, and I don't care to spend my time forever updating
documentation merely to kowtow to their corporate renamings.

As far as I can discern, "macOS" is still MacOSX (it is numbered 10.x)
and it is still "MacOS" as well, as a generic term for all Mac OS's.
With or without spaces, in both cases.  So it is not technically
incorrect. --best, karl.