[tldoc] Russian translation (texlive-ru)

Nikola Lečić nikola.lecic at anthesphoria.net
Wed Mar 22 14:49:06 CET 2017

Hi Mojca,

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 00:51:27 +0100
Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, the Serbs happily write Albert Ajnštajn for Алберт Ајнштајн even
> in the Latin script :)

Well, I'd not say that we are just "happy" :). I think it's the logical
way to write foreign names in inflected languages.

That's because we have to write "sa Ajnštajnom", "iz ajnštajnovskih
radova", or even "u doajnštajnovskoj fizici", etc. All these words are
pronounced according the rules of Serbian language.

The Croatian way ("iz einsteinovskih radova", "sa Henrijem Michauxom",
"iz radova Jeana Baudrillarda", "u dobaudrillardovskoj filozofiji")
always seemed strange to me (I used Croatian as an example simply
because extensively use their books). AFAIR, that's Slovenian way as
well?

"Dobaudrillardovskoj" -- in what language it is written? The first
part and third part of the word should be pronounced according to
Croatian rules, the second according to French rules? "Michauxom" -- in
what alphabet it is written? Croatian alphabet doesn't contain "x".

I also can't think of a way one could instruct a computer to correctly
spellcheck or hyphenate such words. :)

--
Nikola Lečić = Никола Лечић
fingerprint : FEF3 66AF C90E EDC3 D878  7CDC 956D F4AB A377 1C9B