[tldistro] texmf_scripts installation

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 5 00:27:36 CEST 2024

Hi Florian,

    Seems like we were lucky enough to hit this narrow time window.

Lucky indeed :(.

    Are there any other scripts in scripts.lst we should exclude as well?

By definition, everything in scripts.lst should be linked.  My mistake
wrt mktexlsr.pl and your unluckiness in catching it doesn't change the
basic premise.

In order to probably catch other such mistakes, you could check if any
symlink name foo is ever tried to be created twice aka overwritten,
since that should not happen.

Writing this reply, I found and deleted a few other leftover scripts in
linked_scripts that are not in scripts.lst, but since I didn't screw up
and get them into scripts.lst (I don't think!), I'm guessing you did not
link them (you should have links to ctan-o-mat.pl and texosquery.sh;
xput got renamed to pagelayout with entirely different names):
  ctan-o-mat/ctan-o-mat
  texosquery/texosquery
  xput/xput
  xput/xputserver

I'll put something in place to check consistency in the future.
And create that more general scripts+targets files! --thanks, karl.