[tldistro] Context - does anyone use it on non windows/mac ?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 31 03:59:03 CEST 2023

On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 04:01:48PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     it spilled over onto a second page.
>
> A4 vs. letter?

A4, with a custom layout to try to use a bit more of the page than
the default settings.

>     out if anyone knows of context users on a linux (or BSD) system ?
>
> Oh, sure, there are plenty out there, but from what I've seen, serious
> context users mainly use context's own distribution ("minimals"), rather
> than natively TL or (even less likely) a distro version.

Thanks, that is what I was guessing about what they use (although I
was not sure if any actually used TL or distros).

> I have successfully typeset a few TUGboat articles over the years with
> ConTeXt, either from TL or (more often) minimals.  I have one in the
> queue now where the author said it successfully typeset with context
> mkiv, with both luatex and lmtex, with both tl and minimals.

I think it depends very much on the exact file.

> FWIW, and thanks for all your efforts ... -k

Thanks.

ĸen
--
    That just goes to show that you never know, although what
    it is we never know I suspect we'll never know. -- Snuff