[tldistro] TexLive on MSYS2

Naveen M K naveen at syrusdark.website
Wed Apr 7 09:31:56 CEST 2021

Hi Norbert,

> They are not removed ... they are here in the very same place! And used
> to create the updmap.cfg/fmtutil.cnf in texmf-dist/web2c when tlmgr
> installs packages.

I found what happened by comparing the archives I created and that of
Arch's. One things I deliberately ignored that packages which contain
`.` in them, which in turn ignored to include `texlive.infra.tar.xz`
where these file exists. Let me include them and create a new archive,
and this should be fixed.

Also, on the side note should it be fine to ignore packages which
contain `.` in their names, because usually they contain system specific
files right, which we no need to pack right? If not is there a better
way to do that? What I do get the package list needed is
https://github.com/msys2/msys2-texlive/blob/main/download_archives.py#L84-L98.
Or am I doing something totally wrong over there?

Regards,
Naveen