[tldistro] TexLive on MSYS2

Naveen M K naveen at syrusdark.website
Tue Apr 6 13:19:41 CEST 2021

Hi Norbert,

Just now, I completed doing things which I told in previous message.
That was about create `texlive-core.fmts` and `texlive-core.maps` which
can be included in the Package and pull needed packages from CTAN. See
this[0].

I have some question when seeing what Archlinux does.

1. It makes symlinks for engine and symlinks in Windows means copying
the executable. Is that fine?

2. It install `texlive-core_${_rev}.pkgs`,`texlive-core.maps` and
`texlive-core.fmts` to `/var/lib/texmf/arch/installedpkgs`. What is so
special about `/var/lib/texmf/arch`? Can I change `/var/lib/texmf/arch`
to something like `/var/lib/texmf/msys2`? If this is something which Tex
Live expects that can it be configured using config files?

Other than these now I rather familiar with configuration now. I will
try testing once and see. Thanks.

[0] ... https://github.com/msys2/msys2-texlive/releases/tag/20210406

Best Regards,
Naveen