[tldistro] unexpected return value from verify_checksum: -5

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Tue Feb 2 15:08:08 CET 2021

----- Op 1 feb 2021 om 21:41 schreef Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info:

>> So currently because there is no "version" in the filename of the
>> install-tl-unx.tar.gz package,
>> you have to know that you have downloaded install-tl-unx.tar.gz from the given
>> date.
>
> Well, you can while downloading rename it
>	wget -O install-tl-YYYYMMDD.tar.gz ....

I can use the -O option on my "download" side.

I would have preferred an official version at the webserver side,
so that I don't invent any version myself.

What I currently can do is for the current version

  wget -O install-tl-57337.tar.gz ...

because 57337 is printed in the output of:

# /usr/texlive/2020/install-tl --version
install-tl (TeX Live Cross Platform Installer) revision 57337
TeX Live (https://tug.org/texlive) version 2020

So the --version switch indicates '57337' as version.

The date is not a good version in my opinion,
because every day obviously there is a new day,
while there is not every day a new version of the package.

The version or revision string would normally indicate that something has changed or has fixed.