[tldistro] directories customization [help cmd]

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Mon Feb 1 09:58:12 CET 2021

----- Op 31 jan 2021 om 23:49 schreef Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org:

> And most importantly, in the install-tl tool when I select HELP <H>,
>    I get an error (no help file ?)
>
> Turns out the H(elp) command has not worked for years.
> Thanks for the report. -k

tlmgr --help is working for me ...

In the help there is an interesting remark :

    If the package on the server is older than the package already installed
    (e.g., if the selected mirror is out of date), "tlmgr" does not
    downgrade. Also, packages for uninstalled platforms are not installed.

So I think tlmgr is not downgrading to specific releases;
by design I suspect install-tl and tlmgr will always install the latest release.

David Stes