[tldistro] archive of numbered releases of install-tl-unx.tar.gz

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Jan 30 11:19:24 CET 2021

> I think you already answered your other questions yourself (besides the
> other reply I just sent).  Let us know if anything else is still
> open. --best, karl.

Yes, sorry for sending all those questions.

I discovered after reading the source some answers.

The installer works fine and it's a nice piece of Perl software.

Also indeed the idea is to package the installer - not TeX itself.

You may think why not download the installer immediately ?

Well, in order to get the software on a remote build server,
the installer can be packaged and then installed as a package on the build server.

> Norbert's https://texlive.info/ site is the most extensive, as far as I
> know.  It's updated every day (for now). For instance:
> https://texlive.info/tlnet-archive/2021/01/21/tlnet/
>
> You can download files from there directly.
> (The installer and other tarballs are not, in fact, in svn.)

Great, that's what I need.

Unfortunately the filenames are always the same.

So for example:

https://texlive.info/tlnet-archive/2020/01/21/tlnet/  for 2020
https://texlive.info/tlnet-archive/2021/01/21/tlnet/  for 2021

the directories are different but the filename is always 	install-tl-unx.tar.gz.

I had been hoping for a traditional numbering scheme,
such as

	install-tl-1.0.0.tar.gz
	install-tl-1.0.1.tar.gz

But in any case your answer is sufficient, this is what I was looking for to begin with.

Also I will experiment now a little bit with what happens,
when I run an older installer from e.g. 2020 june, whether I get a different TeX system,
than with the latest installer.

Is there an option for the installer to install a specific TeX system "point in time" ?

Or by SVN revision number ?

Sorry again for all those questions, as you can see I'm just starting to use the TL installer,
but again it's a great piece of software.   I like it.

Thanks,
David Stes