[tldistro] lgrind vs. TeX Live 2020

Edd Barrett edd at theunixzoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 10:30:52 CEST 2020

Hi Karl,

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 04:26:47PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Edd,
>
>     ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
>
> I get the same result.

OK, good to know. Not something I've broken then!

> Yes, but the error is from (the new core LaTeX file) l3backend-dvips.def
> being read (when lgrind.dtx reads itself) when % is not a comment character:

Ah yes. I hadn't appreciated that before.

> I don't see any obvious reason for this in lgrind.dtx. Thus, unless
> someone else replies here, I suggest posting on tex.stackexchange.com if
> you use that, or reporting it to the LaTeX people at
> https://github.com/latex3/latex2e/issues/new. (Much of their bug
> template will not apply.) --best, karl.

Thanks, I'll post there shortly.

> P.S. lgrind is not in TeX Live.

Indeed, but it is in OpenBSD ports, so I do need to fix this before I
can commit the update to TeX Live. I don't use lgrind personally, but
some user may.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett