[tldistro] lgrind vs. TeX Live 2020

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 22 00:26:47 CEST 2020

Hi Edd,

    ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

I get the same result.

    As I understand, everything between `\iffalse` and `\fi` should have
    been ignored.

Yes, but the error is from (the new core LaTeX file) l3backend-dvips.def
being read (when lgrind.dtx reads itself) when % is not a comment character:

  l.2 %% T
          his is file `l3backend-dvips.def',

It's trying to typeset a T in the preamble, hence the "Missing
\begin{document}".

I don't see any obvious reason for this in lgrind.dtx. Thus, unless
someone else replies here, I suggest posting on tex.stackexchange.com if
you use that, or reporting it to the LaTeX people at
https://github.com/latex3/latex2e/issues/new. (Much of their bug
template will not apply.) --best, karl.

P.S. lgrind is not in TeX Live.