[tldistro] tlmgr lose functions in packages built from source

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 02:20:16 CET 2009

Hi all,

Frankly speaking, I am a Slackware user and use the build script written by
Robby Workman ( http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.0/office/texlive/ ) to
build the package. IMO, what the script doing(texlive related) is build
binaries from texlive-20091107-source.tar.xz and extract and move tlmgr
staffs from texlive-20091107-extra.tar.xz to proper places. Then extract
texmf from texlive-20091107-texmf.tar.xz. But when I run something like
"tlmgr show xetex" as normal user or root, it gives me:

/usr/share/texmf/bin/tlmgr: open(/usr/share/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb) failed: No
such file or directory at /usr/share/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 281

It seems tlmgr is missing some components after installation. Is there
anyway to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

--
Cheers,