[tldistro] texmf-dist and $(prefix)/texmf hardcodes in texlive-20080816-source

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.ch
Sun Sep 28 11:17:25 CEST 2008

Hi,
I'm currently updating Ark Linux to use texlive 2008 (finally getting rid of
tetex).
We follow the FHS filesystem layout, and want the texmf directory to
be /usr/share/texmf with local additions going to /usr/local/share/texmf --
but a few files get installed into /usr/texmf and /usr/texmf-dist even with
texmfmain and the likes set correctly:

/usr/texmf-dist/scripts/{bengali,context,dviasm,epspdf,glossaries,mkjobtexmf,oberdiek,pdfcrop,perltex,ppower4,pst-pdf,pst2pdf,tex4ht,texcount,thumbpdf,vpe}
/usr/texmf/scripts/{a2ping,epstopdf,pkfix,ps2eps,simpdftex,tetex,texlive}

Looking at the Makefiles, there are actual hardcodes of $(prefix)/texmf-dist
in
texk/tex4htk/Makefile.in
texk/texlive/Makefile.in
texk/texlive/linked_scripts/tlmgr.pl

At a first look, the hardcodes seem to be in makefiles and install scripts
only, so fixing them should be easy - but I'd rather make sure I'm not
triggering some other hardcode grep didn't see because it says something
other than $(prefix)/texmf. Has anyone run into that?

Regards
bero