[tldistro] problem installing

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 5 18:44:44 CEST 2008

        run_texlinks = $(bindir)/texlinks -f $(web2cdir)/fmtutil.cnf

    But isn't it strange that kpathsea would make texlinks look almost
    everywhere but not under $(web2cdir), which is the most natural location
    for fmtutil.cnf ? :)

That is where it looks, of course.  But I had the impression that you
intentionally configured one way and compiled another.  It's not
surprising that the default locations don't magically adjust in such a
case.

Anyway, I installed the change.  This way we don't have to run mktexlsr
first, either (as far as I can tell).  Thanks.

karl